Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

What if you're FALSELY ACCUSED?

Pardon me with this post, but I just really have to express myself, on my observations and opinion on cheating in road races.

I mean, I need to get this out of my system. I need to at least say something, for me to be at peace.In the 34th National Milo Marathon last July, despite of the use of the ChampionChip, many cheated in the race. However, I know of one runner who is also a friend, who was falsely accused of cheating, due to the absence of time splits in the official results. Further checking revealed, that the said runner downgraded to 21k, and that the organizers failed to revise this runner's registration, thus the absence of time splits beyond 21k.


http://www.upstartchampions.ca/youth-stereotypes


The character of the runner, the organizer, and the whole running community was challenged because of a simple mistake. Good thing, everything was cleared a few days after.

"What if you're the runner who's falsely accused of cheating?"

That's the question that keeps on running (no pun intended) on my mind since last week. You ran the whole distance, and yet someone claims that you did not.


http://www.upstartchampions.ca/youth-stereotypes


Your character is challenged. People in the running community may now have a different picture of you. Those who are not running, but know you and learned the news may also raise their brows and misjudge you.


http://www.upstartchampions.ca/youth-stereotypes


Call me paranoid, but I don't want such a thing to happen, in any facets of life. And I don't know what to do if I were falsely accused. I will take action. Would you?

I just hope I won't be like Police Senior Inspector Rolando Mendoza.

4 comments:

katol September 15, 2010 at 7:04 AM  

di pwede yun! we are talking about integrity here. each stride, each run, each route, each race, each challenge - we runners make sure to be as honest as possible.

i havent been a bandit since i started running last january in the CCM 1-10-10. and i dont intend to be one.

thanx for this post. this should serve as eye opener for the organizers to really look into the details in the pre, actual and post race.

kudos!

btw, i added ur blog to mine. hope u dont mind sir. you're an inspiration! thank you.

Anonymous,  September 15, 2010 at 3:20 PM  

I agree! well said fafah....

jj

kelcy,  September 15, 2010 at 3:35 PM  

I'd certainly do something to clear my name...specially if it does not affect only me but my family and friends too.

But, you can only do so much. If your name doesn't get cleared, one just have to move on and rise from it all.

In time, THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE.

Anonymous,  September 16, 2010 at 4:25 PM  

hi. my first time to drop by your blog. just felt the need to air my comment.

i still believe in the law of karma. that whatever you do to others be it good or bad will be done to you too. hence, if you make false accusations, resulting to loss of integrity of innocent individuals, such will be done to you too. or it may not exactly be the same situations, but you'll definitely have your day in court. see you in the road

Blog Archive

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP